Outpoken restaurateur Leo Molloy says he would end Auckland’s light rail project, “park” efforts to address climate change, and make “people who travel in cars” the priority, if elected as Auckland’s mayor in 2022, Stuff reports. Molloy, who is the first declared newcomer to the October 22 race, describes himself as a “great leader of men” who would be fearless and accountable as mayor. He also plans a new downtown stadium, funded entirely by overseas backers with a view to building a 65,000 seat venue on Ngāti Whatua land next to Spark Arena.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions