Thieves stole a large amount of jewellery from a West Auckland store, just as the shop was closing up for the night, Stuff reports. Two men entered Michael Hill Jewellers in Waitākere’s WestCity mall shortly after 6pm on Saturday, a police spokeswoman said. This isn’t the first time the WestCity Michael Hill store had been targeted by thieves – in 2017 a man snatched a $60,000 diamond ring from the shop, and in April 2021, two Michael Hill stores were targeted by thieves, on Auckland’s Queen St and in Albany’s Westfield mall.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions