Auckland University lecturer in urban planning, Elham Bahmanteymouri, believes the strong Kiwi desire to own a home is a result of economic conditions, Stuff reports. However, Trade Me Property sales director Gavin Lloyd puts it down to two things: the enduring quarter-acre dream, and the promise of big returns. Taking money out of the equation, the fact that the average rental property is in worse condition on almost every measure also likely contributes to Kiwis’ burning desire to buy.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions