Auckland Mayor Phil Goff isn’t convinced by a $2.5 billion Government funding package to get councils to join the Three Waters reforms, Stuff reports. This is despite the fact Auckland Council would receive almost $509 million under the proposal. According to Goff, there are real concerns regarding the Government’s governance structure, which removes responsiveness and accountability to the people of Auckland through their elected representatives.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions