A new play will lift the lid on life-changing experiences from the ICU corridors of New Zealand’s largest hospital, Stuff reports. Auckland Theatre Company’s ‘Things That Matter’, was adapted from the works of Dr David Galler, an intensive care specialist at Middlemore Hospital for more than 30 years. His 2017 book, Things That Matter: Stories of Life and Death, told the stories of the extraordinary patients he met and the struggles our society faces to care for them. ‘Things That Matter’ will run at the ASB Waterfront Theatre from August 17-29.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions