Shipping chaos is escalating with empty shipping containers piling up at depots and “ghost ships” being sent in to fetch them, Stuff reports. CMA CGM, the fourth-largest container shipping line in the world, has refused to take any more empty containers at its Auckland depot, while another company is charging a hefty fee to return empty containers to the Auckland depots they were originally destined for. Customs Brokers and Freight Forwarders federation president, Chris Edwards, says relationships between shipping companies and other supply chain players are breaking down as the former start laying on fees.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions