The man who shot and killed Constable Matthew Hunt at a routine traffic stop in west Auckland in 2020, has pleaded guilty to his murder, Newshub reports. Eli Bob Sauni Epiha pleaded guilty to dangerous driving causing injury, after fleeing police and hitting a pedestrian on Reynella Dr that same day. Epiha, 25, appeared at the Auckland High Court for the alleged attempted murder of another police officer who was at the scene, Constable David Goldfinch, a charge Epiha denies and has pleaded not guilty to.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions