Community backlash has prompted the Counties Manukau District Health Board to review its decision not to fund an after-hours emergency clinic, Stuff reports. East Care Accident and Medical in Botany closed its overnight service between 11pm and 7am last year after 24 years due to “clinical safety issues” and concerns over the lack of funding. The closure means east and south Aucklanders have to go to Middlemore Hospital’s emergency department for after-hours medical care, adding to hospital wait times, and meaning a lengthy journey for some.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions