Aucklanders woke up from “one of the coldest nights of the year” on Wednesday morning as the polar blast continues to strike the country, NZ Herald reports. According to MetService Meteorologist, Mmathapelo Makgabutlane, Aucklanders experienced a chillier-than-usual morning with temperatures dropping to the “low single digits” overnight. Residents in Pukekohe and Papakura were among the coolest areas on Wednesday morning with a low of 1C, while other areas of Auckland were only a few degrees warmer with a minimum temperature of 3C. “Crisp cool daytime temperatures” with “cold nights” will continue later into the week before the next weather front comes in.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions