An investigation is underway after a number of cars were set alight in the early hours of Sunday morning on an Avondale street, NZ Herald reports. Three of the cars belong to one family, who are gutted that they now have no transport plus have bills to pay on property that has been incinerated. A member of the family stated: “I can’t even describe the feeling… My poor family has suffered and some cowards have think they have accomplished something.” A fourth car was burnt out near Mount Smart Stadium, but it is unclear if that incident was linked. Police confirmed they were making inquiries about the incident.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions