A bronze penguin at a beach on Auckland’s North Shore has been snatched by an unknown thief, Stuff reports. Police are asking for help from the public in locating the sculpture – one of a group of six bronze kororā, or little blue penguins – after it was taken from Campbells Bay beach in late June. Anyone with information that could help reunite the penguin with its bronze brothers and sisters is encouraged to call police on 105 quoting file number 210624/2655.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions