Constable Matthew Hunt’s killer, Eli Epiha, admitted the young policeman’s murder ahead of his trial at the High Court in Auckland. On Tuesday, he was also found guilty of attempting to murder Hunt’s partner, Constable David Goldfinch, Stuff reports. After the verdict, Hunt’s mother Diane spoke to media outside the court. Diane was supported by her daughter, Ellie Hunt, and numerous family members. “The past few weeks have been harrowing for us – it can’t be described in words,” she said.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions