Auckland Council says their recently adopted 10-year Budget 2021-2031 sets the city up to recover strongly from the impacts of COVID-19, while ensuring that long-term investments in critical infrastructure and services are maintained. Councillors spent over 150 hours in committee meetings developing the budget, to make sure it is delivering to all sectors of the community. A record $31.8 billion will be spent in the next 10 years on tackling traffic congestion and road safety, supporting new housing developments, protecting our environment, responding to climate change and improving water quality and supply.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions