The future of cash in New Zealand is uncertain, with COVID-19 accelerating the move to a cashless economy, Newshub reports. Some shops including Retail NZ and Goodness Gracious Cafe have already considered going cashless, but shops must clearly indicate they don’t accept cash, before clients do business with them. Meanwhile, going cashless is a worrying trend for the elderly community as many still rely on cash.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions