The tenant of a Hibiscus Coast property in north Auckland caused $47,000 worth of damage to the rental, leaving the landlord to foot the bill, Stuff reports. The property, from Barfoot & Thompson’s Whangaparāoa branch, was rented to Auckland man Clinton De Marcy Chelin, who deliberately vandalised and destroyed every wall in the house. Tribunal adjudicator Robert Kee ordered Chelin to pay Barfoot & Thompson $47,096.29 for building repairs and the cost of rubbish removal.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions