More than 20 Papatoetoe homes are still uninhabitable following the tornado that hit South Auckland on Saturday, NZ Herald reports. Entry to 60 homes has been restricted, but the remaining 169 properties assessed by Auckland Council are safe to live in. To be eligible under the tornado relief fund, people must be experiencing hardship as a result of the tornado. Applications are being accepted until July 19, or until the fund was empty. Applications can be submitted here or by calling (09) 301 0101.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions