Under the National Policy Statement on Urban Development (NPS-UD), which took effect in August 2020, developers can build up to six storeys across Auckland to increase the amount of high-density and affordable housing, Stuff reports. NPS-UD also allows for the council to be more open to private plan changes from developers. Auckland Council’s planning committee will assess the implications of the Government’s policy statement at a meeting on Thursday.
- Auckland lockdown: More than half of students drop off radar at some schools
- Fire crews tackle large blaze at house in Sandringham, Auckland
- TV scientist Nanogirl inundated with vaccine questions from ‘petrified’ teachers
- 285 bids over 81 minutes: Inside the exhausting battle to buy an Auckland home
- Minimum wage earners, pensioners no longer qualify for legal aid