Under the National Policy Statement on Urban Development (NPS-UD), which took effect in August 2020, developers can build up to six storeys across Auckland to increase the amount of high-density and affordable housing, Stuff reports. NPS-UD also allows for the council to be more open to private plan changes from developers. Auckland Council’s planning committee will assess the implications of the Government’s policy statement at a meeting on Thursday.
- Aucklanders warned against swimming at Oakley Creek waterfall
- Brian Tamaki bail appeal: Will be released from prison ‘very shortly’
- Warning for consumers after spike in food poisoning from undercooked shellfish
- Seal pup rescued from Westfield train depot
- Kiwi doctors use high-speed genetic testing to diagnose critically-ill Auckland baby