Police in South Auckland are under pressure dealing with increasing numbers of people who are intoxicated or have mental health issues, RNZ reports. Recent data reveals police across the country have referred almost 1000 people with mental health and addiction issues to hospital emergency departments since 2014. Middlemore Hospital in South Auckland was the worst affected, with numbers increasing from just 13 patients seven years ago, to 367 in 2019/2020.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions