A man has appeared in court after allegedly spitting at a police officer in central Auckland, Stuff reports. Adam Terei, 36, of no fixed address, appeared at Auckland District Court on Monday facing two charges of assaulting a police officer. Each charge carries a jail term of up to three years. He is also charged with resisting police, which carries a penalty of up to three months’ imprisonment and a fine of $2000. Terei was remanded on bail until July 12.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions