Aotea / Great Barrier Local Board has committed over $200,000 in funding towards environmental work on the island over the 2021-22 financial year, Auckland Council announces. The local board continues to support existing environmental programmes including Aotea Ecology Vision, surveillance of Argentine and Darwin’s ants, an on-island Conservation Advisor role, and the freshwater management, natural environment ambassador and Ōkiwi ecology programmes.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions