Figures from a OneRoof Property Report reveal Kiwi homeowners are forking out nearly $300,000 more for a typical home than house hunters in the United Kingdom, NZ Herald reports. Median prices in Auckland’s three suburbs mean buying a home typically costs more than buying in London, where the city’s average price was £640,373 (NZ$1.25m). There are now 284 Auckland suburbs with median property values of $1m or higher – an increase from 197 suburbs last quarter.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions