A controversial group, Speak up for Women, has been told it must change venues by Auckland Council after complaints, Stuff reports. The council received 12 formal complaints about the group’s planned talk on sex self-identification at Studio One Toi Tū on Ponsonby Rd, as well as a raft of social media messages and comments. The group has booked the Ellen Melville Centre as the replacement location for the June 27 event.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions