The Government is opening up $1 billion of the Housing Acceleration Fund “to enable more homes to be built at pace and scale,” TVNZ reports. According to Housing Minister Megan Woods, the $1b ‘Infrastructure Acceleration Fund’ is set to “jump-start housing developments by funding necessary services, like roads and pipes to homes, which are currently holding up development.” Under the program, there will be about 200 new homes in places such as Auckland, Tauranga, Wellington and Christchurch.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions