The FBI has warned that Auckland company Mega.NZ is being used by ransomware attackers, RNZ reveals. Mega.NZ said there is no sign hackers are using its service to store patient data stolen from Waikato hospitals, but it cannot rule out the possibility. The FBI issued a series of alerts beginning last year, naming Mega.NZ – a successor company to Megaupload, set up by Kim Dotcom. Domains of Megaupload were seized by the US Department of Justice.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions