The FBI has warned that Auckland company Mega.NZ is being used by ransomware attackers, RNZ reveals. Mega.NZ said there is no sign hackers are using its service to store patient data stolen from Waikato hospitals, but it cannot rule out the possibility. The FBI issued a series of alerts beginning last year, naming Mega.NZ – a successor company to Megaupload, set up by Kim Dotcom. Domains of Megaupload were seized by the US Department of Justice.
- In praise of public libraries, and those who work in them
- Costco’s $100 million Auckland store delays opening
- Consulting Group says New Zealand’s brand has never been stronger
- Auckland man allegedly behind prolific graffiti tag ’caused $250k in damage’
- Why the bank of mum and dad is now moving in with the kids