Nominations for the 2021 Tāmaki Makarau Zero Waste Awards have officially opened, Auckland Council announces. The award, hosted by EcoMatters Environment Trust in cooperation with Auckland Council, celebrates people and organisations helping reduce waste to landfill across Auckland. There are five award categories, and individuals, groups, schools, businesses and organisations can be nominated. Nominations will run for the month of June and can be made here.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions