A controversial proposal to build a landfill in Auckland’s Dome Valley has been approved, despite stiff opposition. Waste Management New Zealand (WMNZ) will construct and operate the 60-hectare landfill on its 1000-hectare Wayby site after the project was granted resource consent on Monday. But opponents of the landfill in the Dome Valley fear leachate will contaminate the Hōteo River and the Kaipara Harbour snapper spawning grounds.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions