Police and Auckland Council have increased patrols in the suburban streets decimated by Saturday’s tornado, amid fears from residents that their properties are being targeted by looters, NZ Herald reports. The tornado brought severe damages through the South Auckland suburb of Papatoetoe, with 67 local residents still remaining in emergency accommodation. Counties Manukau Police urges anyone who has welfare concerns to contact 0800 22 22 00 for assistance.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions