Police and Auckland Council have increased patrols in the suburban streets decimated by Saturday’s tornado, amid fears from residents that their properties are being targeted by looters, NZ Herald reports. The tornado brought severe damages through the South Auckland suburb of Papatoetoe, with 67 local residents still remaining in emergency accommodation. Counties Manukau Police urges anyone who has welfare concerns to contact 0800 22 22 00 for assistance.
- In praise of public libraries, and those who work in them
- Costco’s $100 million Auckland store delays opening
- Consulting Group says New Zealand’s brand has never been stronger
- Auckland man allegedly behind prolific graffiti tag ’caused $250k in damage’
- Why the bank of mum and dad is now moving in with the kids