80 houses affected by Saturday’s tornado in the south Auckland suburb of Papatoetoe still have no power, Stuff reports. Auckland Council conducted building inspections on 240 homes impacted by the tornado. Minor damages included smashed windows and lost roof tiles, while major damages included issues caused by secondary structures or roofs blown off entirely. 32 people are in emergency accommodation provided by Auckland Emergency Management.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions