A grieving widow claims her husband’s body was left to rot for months by a funeral home who demanded she pay them $12,000, Stuff reports. Wei Chen, 39, died in February 2020 and his widow, Nan Jiang, arranged for his body to go to Epsom Funeral Home. Instead he was taken to Auckland Funerals and Memorials Ltd. Chen’s body was eventually released in June 2020, despite Jiang not paying any money, but by that stage it was badly decomposed. The owner of Epsom Funeral Home said he was “shocked” by Jiang’s story and had never seen anything like it.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions