Jayaprakash Merkajeanda, 45, became father to his newborn son, only for doctors to find three brain tumors two weeks later, Stuff reports. Merkajeanda spent only two days with his son, before being sent to Auckland’s Middlemore Hospital, followed by Auckland City Hospital. His cancer has been confirmed as “incurable”. A friend of the family set up a givealittle page to help the family pay bills, rent and living expenses as Merkajeanda’s wife is still on maternity leave.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions