An Auckland Covid-19 testing centre has experienced particularly high demand, with officials urging those who want a swab to try elsewhere, Stuff reports. On Friday, around 60 cars were in the queue at the Balmoral community testing centre with a 45 minutes waiting time, according to a Northern Region Health Coordination Centre spokesperson. The sudden surge of demand is due to a community outbreak of Covid-19 in Melbourne that led to a seven-day lockdown there.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions