The clock is ticking for Auckland to host the America’s Cup, Stuff reports. Lips are sealed on whether the supercity will host the next America’s Cup, with just over a fortnight remaining in the negotiation between the government and defender Team New Zealand. While Team NZ already has unnamed overseas proposals to host the next edition, the government, which provided $40 million cash to help fund the 36th cup, has until mid-June to try to do a deal.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions