With the Auckland Council and Government’s $100m bid to Team New Zealand being rejected, the chances for Team NZ to defend America’s Cup in its home country are slipping away, NZ Herald reports. The joint bid offered by the government and Auckland Council was made up of cash and “in kind” support. However, sources say Team NZ wants a package worth more than $200m. The window for Auckland’s first right of refusal to host the next match ends on June 17.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions