Another layer of protection using a dedicated text message is being worked out by telcos to protect mobile phone users from financially devastating number porting fraud which could cost up to $30,000, Stuff reports. Starting Thursday, mobile phone users who switch providers and want to keep their phone number – a process called number porting – will receive a dedicated text message to help prevent fraud. The dedicated text message is part of a series of protective measures from the mobile phone industry, and a more advanced solution is expected to be launched in October.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions