Auckland’s transport plan has been finalised to soak up population growth with billions of dollars invested in new public transport projects, NZ Herald reports. The new 10-year Regional Land Transport Plan (RLTP) has an allocated budget of $37 billion for capital works and operating expenditures. However, it was revealed that a part of this spending will be delayed, with nearly half a billion dollars originally slated for spending in the next few years being pushed back to the second half of the 10-year period.
- Seven sharks found dead at Auckland beach
- Suburb Spotlight: Why you should visit Kingsland, Auckland
- Kiwis pledge to buy Whittakers to annoy people angered by te reo rebranding
- Auckland businesses back ACT’s plan for instant penalties for young offenders
- Auckland mayoralty race becoming ‘a cult of personality’