Save Kennedy Point (SKP) has been ordered to pay Auckland Council and the marina developers, Kennedy Point Boatharbour Limited (KPBL), almost $250,000 following repeated failed applications to the Environment Court, Stuff reports. The group has been fighting to stop a 181-berth marina being built at Waiheke’s Kennedy Point since 2017. SKP chief executive Sebastian Cassie said they will consider the decision carefully and seek legal advice before deciding on next steps.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions