A new trial of road layouts to help reduce vehicle speeds, provide safer crossings and prevent traffic from using residential streets as shortcuts, has kicked off in West Papatoetoe, Auckland Council announces. Temporary devices such as rubber speed cushions, concrete blocks, pavement art are turning neighbourhood intersections into a temporary cul-de-sac. The trial is part of Innovating Streets for People, and the public is welcome to submit feedback via email, online or by visiting the project team every Wednesday at Papatoetoe Library.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions