With Auckland Council fighting for a temporary ban on downtown bottle stores, ratepayers are on the hook for legal bills totalling $1 million and counting, RNZ reports. The council is up against the country’s big two supermarket chains, Woolworths and Foodstuffs, due to proposals in the Provisional Local Alcohol Policy, including reduced hours and a freeze on new off-licences.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions