Construction of a new pedestrian bridge on Flat Bush School Road is underway, following public feedback in September 2020, Auckland Council announces. With many children walking in the area, Auckland Transport (AT) and Howick Local Board want to ensure they get to and from school safely. The bridge will connect to existing footpaths and utilise the existing raised zebra crossing. Installation is expected to be completed by the end of June 2021.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions