Maungakiekie-Tāmaki Local Board has decided to end the Onehunga Low Traffic Area pilot project, Auckland Council announces, after a briefing on Thursday morning due to vandalism and disruption at the project site. Wooden crates, traffic management signage, and metal dividers were illegally moved and damaged, causing serious road and pedestrian safety issues. Significant costs are now involved in reinstallation and temporary traffic management measures.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions