Robert Armitstead was ordered to pay a fine of $5700 plus court costs of $130 after he was found guilty of flouting kauri dieback rules at an Auckland regional park three times, RNZ reports. Armitstead, who was caught several times on camera in 2019 entering closed walkways in Titirangi, was sentenced on Friday at the Waitākere District Court by Judge Lisa Tremewan. It is the first prosecution of its kind.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions