Devonport-Takapuna Local Board will open up its workshops to the public, in an effort to create better understanding and transparency over its decision making process, Auckland Council announces. On Tuesday evening, the board passed a Notice of Motion by new chair Ruth Jackson, to open the board’s weekly workshops to the public and media. The board retains the right to exclude the public from specific items, and full details of the motion can be found here. The first open workshop will be held on Tuesday 25 May, and will be promoted on the board’s Facebook page and online.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions