On Monday, The Tūpuna Maunga Authority welcomed the decision by The Warehouse to cease the sale of fireworks, Auckland Council announces. The Authority has openly called on the government to ban the public sale of fireworks, in order to protect the iconic Maunga (mountains) of Tāmaki Makaurau. They are also calling to ban the public sale of fireworks well in advance of Guy Fawkes 2021.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions