Damage to a fibre cable in Pukekohe left 2800 homes in south Auckland and northern Waikato without internet on Tuesday evening, Stuff reports. Main areas affected were Pukekohe, Onewhero, Port Waikato, Pukekawa and Tuakau. According to Chorus spokesman Steve Pettigrew, the combination of a broken fibre cable and water main suggested earth movement could have been the cause of the damages. All services were restored on Wednesday morning at 4.50am.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions