Communities Against Alcohol Harm (CAAH) is calling on Auckland Council to take action against bottle stores in south Auckland that continually flout its bylaw with signs advertising liquor in the community, Stuff reports. The Auckland Council’s 2015 signage bylaw limits the number, size, coverage, and placement of signs that can be displayed at shops and other businesses. The council’s regulatory committee voted last year for a new bylaw more in keeping with the Auckland Unitary Plan and to take more enforcement action against businesses flouting the regulations.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions