A rāhui has been placed over Auckland’s Motutapu Island while authorities work to capture two elusive stoats, Stuff reports. The rāhui (ban) restricts access to the island in the Hauraki Gulf, and the campground will be closed for the next 30 days while the Department of Conservation (DOC) and the iwi Ngāi Tai ki Tāmaki work to trap the stoats. Ferry services to Rangitoto Island are unaffected by the rāhui.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions