Auckland Council is setting aside $7 million for tree planting and other initiatives to tackle climate change, Stuff reports. Mayor Phil Goff made a last-minute proposal in the 10-Year Budget, making trade-off’s to keep within the $152 million climate change package. The climate package is already the compromise path between a “business as usual option” and a more ambitious $320 million package, now deemed unaffordable due to the impact of Covid-19.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions