Auckland Council voted on Tuesday to increase rates each year for the next decade, RNZ reports. The 10-year spending plan has been dubbed the Recovery Budget, aiming to plug the $750 million hole left by the Covid-19 pandemic. A big chunk of the budget will be used for infrastructure and climate change action. A one-off 5 percent increase is due next year with an average 3.5 percent increase each year thereafter, as well as increased water bills.
- In praise of public libraries, and those who work in them
- Costco’s $100 million Auckland store delays opening
- Consulting Group says New Zealand’s brand has never been stronger
- Auckland man allegedly behind prolific graffiti tag ’caused $250k in damage’
- Why the bank of mum and dad is now moving in with the kids