Auckland Council voted on Tuesday to increase rates each year for the next decade, RNZ reports. The 10-year spending plan has been dubbed the Recovery Budget, aiming to plug the $750 million hole left by the Covid-19 pandemic. A big chunk of the budget will be used for infrastructure and climate change action. A one-off 5 percent increase is due next year with an average 3.5 percent increase each year thereafter, as well as increased water bills.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions