The ACT Party is calling for teachers to face tougher tests and demonstrate more professional development to earn or keep their teaching certificates, TVNZ reports. ACT Party leader David Seymour says a yearly focus on professional development in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) subjects and English literacy needs to be a condition of any teacher registration renewal, following concerns over New Zealand’s declining test scores internationally.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions