Two poplars on Somerset Road have declined significantly in health and required removal, Auckland Council announces. One was removed earlier in April, while the other is set to be removed this week. The removal was necessary to ensure the trees do not pose a health and safety risk to people and property, in particular those using Somerset Road to travel to the nearby school campus. Puketāpapa Local Board Chair Julie Fairey said they are working on a long term plan for the Somerset Road trees as a part of a broader strategy, along with experts from Auckland Council.
- Seven sharks found dead at Auckland beach
- Suburb Spotlight: Why you should visit Kingsland, Auckland
- Kiwis pledge to buy Whittakers to annoy people angered by te reo rebranding
- Auckland businesses back ACT’s plan for instant penalties for young offenders
- Auckland mayoralty race becoming ‘a cult of personality’