Two poplars on Somerset Road have declined significantly in health and required removal, Auckland Council announces. One was removed earlier in April, while the other is set to be removed this week. The removal was necessary to ensure the trees do not pose a health and safety risk to people and property, in particular those using Somerset Road to travel to the nearby school campus. Puketāpapa Local Board Chair Julie Fairey said they are working on a long term plan for the Somerset Road trees as a part of a broader strategy, along with experts from Auckland Council.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions